Zapchat is committed to the protection of Personal Data that we maintain on behalf of you or End-users but not responsible for any hacking, server or hardware problems, data loss or any other technical/non technical problems.
Unless otherwise defined herein, capitalised terms used herein shall have the same meaning as in Zapchat Terms of Services. “Personal Data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person.
1. Why Zapchat Collects Personal Data
Zapchat only ask for Personal Data when we need it for the purposes of making use of the Services or to provide you with relevant information. Personal Data is predominantly shared with us by you; additionally, as a customer making use of our communication products you share information of End-users with us to enable the transmission of the communications services.
In the course of providing the Service, Zapchat may receive, access, analyze, process and maintain Personal Data you share with us, or that we receive via Third-Party Applications for the following purposes:
- Sharing relevant information about our products and services
- Creating an account that’s connected to you and/or your company
- Responding to your request or inquiries in relation to our products and services
- Improving and developing products and services, including analysing usage of our products and services
- Personalizing your experience of our products and services, and making recommendations
- Verifying your identity
- Provision of the products and services
- Finance and billing
- Providing customer support to potential or existing customers
- Detecting and combating fraudulent or unlawful activity
- Training and quality improvement
- Operating and expanding business through our marketing and sales channels
- Fulfil legal, regulatory and financial obligations such as paying taxes and ensuring invoices are paid
- Keeping your account secure
- as otherwise described to you at the time of collection or in other cases where we have obtained express consent
2. What Personal Data Zapchat Collects
Zapchat’s personal data processing activities include the following main categories when you use our Services:
- Customer account data (or potential customer data) - your personal data as an account holder and on behalf of your company, such as full name, address, email address, financial information, business address, business type, business identification number, bank account information, billing address, telephone number, account ID, and usage data of services, dashboard and website, IP addresses, location related information, and browser and device information.
- End-user data - the personal data of the intended recipients of the communication services you as a customer make use of. The category end-user data consists of communication traffic data (all data related to the communication; e.g. metadata) and customer content of the communications (including but not limited to order, payment and delivery information of products and services). Communication traffic data may include communication body, traffic data, location related information, phone number of senders and recipients, email address of senders and recipients.
3. How Zapchat Collects and Uses Data
To be thorough, we've listed how we collect personal data and how that data will be used. The information below is not exhaustive.
If you are collecting any personal information from the End-users, such as their name, ID number and address, and their order, payment and delivery information, it is your sole responsibility to get the affirmative express consent from such End-users for you to share and use this information.
When downloading Zapchat or subscribing to a plan, we need more information than just your name and password. In order to start billing, we need information including your company details, billing address and preferred payment method(s). Where applicable, you may be assigned an account ID automatically that’s used to process your orders, assign invoices, and track API requests. If you integrate our APIs into your software application, you may be be given an authentication token that allows us to identify you when you send API requests.
4. Disclosure of Personal Data
We may transfer or disclose Personal Data as follows:
(a) Service Provider Arrangements. We may transfer (or otherwise make available) Personal Data to third parties who process it on our behalf for the purposes noted above. These third parties may access, process or store personal data in the course of providing the Services, but based on our instructions only.
(b) Changes to our Business Structure. Zapchat may share or disclose data if we engage in a merger, acquisition, bankruptcy, dissolution, reorganization, sale of some or all of Zapchat’s assets, financing, acquisition of all or a portion of our business, a similar transaction or proceeding, or steps in contemplation of such activities (e.g. due diligence).
(c) Compliance with Laws. Zapchat may share or disclose Personal Data to comply with legal or regulatory requirements and to respond to lawful requests, court orders, and legal process.
(d) Enforcing Our Rights, Preventing Fraud, and Safety. Zapchat may share or disclose data to protect and defend the rights, property, or safety of us or third parties, including enforcing contracts or policies, or in connection with an investigation and preventing fraud.
5. Your Rights
If we receive a request from an individual to access or update Personal Data we have collected on behalf of a particular Customer; we will direct that individual to the relevant Customer. We will assist our Customers wherever possible in responding to individual access requests.
If you submit Personal Data via Zapchat or otherwise provide us with your Personal Data, you may request access, updating or correction of your Personal Data by submitting a written request to us. We may request specific Personal Data to verify your identity.
6. How We Protect Personal Data
Zapchat takes security seriously. We have implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Data you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. We take various steps to protect the information you provide to us from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access or disclosure. These steps take into account the sensitivity of the information we collect, process and store, and the current state of technology.
7. Data Retention, Erasure and De-Identification
We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or suspended, or there is a legal complaint or audit relating to your Zapchat activities.
If you no longer want us to use your information to provide the Services, you may close your account.
We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
As always, you can contact us to request for correction to your personal data in our system, and we will make necessary correction to the data if we are satisfied that the Personal Data to which your correction request relates is inaccurate. Before we can process a request, we have to make sure it is you making the request and thus we may ask for your identity or authorisation documentation.
We will take all practical steps to erase your Personal Data held when the data is no longer required for the purpose for which it was used by us, unless any such erasure is prohibited under any law or regulation or it is in the public interest not to have the data erased. If permitted by the applicable laws and regulations, alternatively, we may, in our sole discretion, opt to anonymize your personal data such that the anonymised data will no longer enable us or anyone else to directly or indirectly identify you.
9. Contact Us